Savannah Car Accident Attorneys
If you were severely injured or if you lost a loved one in a car accident in Savannah, turn to the experienced Savannah injury attorneys of Chris Hudson Law Group for qualified and aggressive legal representation.
Accident victims often find themselves saddled with astronomical medical bills, undue stress, lost wages, and other strain after an injury accident. If someone else’s recklessness or carelessness caused your crash, you shouldn’t have to be the one who pays the bill. Fortunately, the law allows you to hold the responsible party accountable, and with the help of a skilled car accident lawyer from Chris Hudson Law Group, you can get the full compensation you deserve. Call us at 706-863-6600 to set up your free initial consultation.
Hurt In a Car Accident? We Can Help You
At Chris Hudson Law Group, we have been representing clients in Savannah and nearby areas of Georgia who’ve been hurt in collisions since 2004. We can handle a wide variety of motor vehicle accident claims, including:
- Car Accidents – Car accidents happen every day on the roads in Savannah. While some are mere fender-benders, others result in severe, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. Our team knows this, and we’re here to help.
- Motorcycle Accidents: A motorcycle wreck can be quite devastating. If another motorist fails to exercise caution when sharing the road with a motorcyclist, a serious injury accident can easily occur. Without a vehicle surrounding you for protection, injuries may be quite severe and that is a financial burden you should not have to bear.
- Truck Accidents: Large commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles cannot stop as quickly as other vehicles. If negligence on the part of a truck driver or the trucking company causes injury to you or a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Bike Accidents: All motorists are supposed to share the road with cyclists, but not all of them exercise the proper care and caution when driving near them. Cyclists are often injured in turning accidents, rear-end accidents, failure to yield the right-of-way, and dooring accidents, among others.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians should always be afforded the right of way. Unfortunately, countless pedestrians are hurt each year due to distracted driving, motorists under the influence of alcohol or drugs, drowsy driving, or other forms of negligence. If you or a loved one were hurt in a pedestrian accident, our law firm will be ready to stand up and fight for you.
Regardless of what type of accident you were in, our team of skilled trial attorneys will be ready to help you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
These accidents occur for many reasons. From texting to drinking and driving, there are many common causes of car accidents that our lawyers have handled for clients in Savannah, such as:
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving, glancing down to adjust the radio, and other reasons could distract a driver while they are operating a motor vehicle.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence can apply to alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs that inhibit a driver’s reaction time. When a driver uses their car under the influence of these drugs, there is a much greater chance they could cause a wreck.
- Inclement Weather: Rainy, snowy, or icy weather can make roads very slippery and makes it harder to control a vehicle. If a driver is not observing safe driving practices during these types of weather, they may end up hitting you.
- Reckless Driving: Changing lanes without warning or driving aggressively may end up causing an accident, since the driver of the car was not being as cautious as possible. These types of driving are very dangerous.
- Improper or Illegal Turns: When someone makes an improper or illegal turn, it is an unexpected action that could result in an auto accident. They could be proven negligent for not obeying the signs and rules of turning.
- Defective Parts: Parts on a vehicle may break or stop working properly. This could be due to a manufacturer issue, which means a third party could be involved.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: When drivers do not yield right-of-way at red lights or stop signs, the results may end up with you being hit. This negligence from another driver may mean that you could be compensated for your injuries.
- Rear-End Accidents: Rear-end accidents are some of the most common types of accidents in the country and often happen because a driver is distracted or negligent. Injuries such as whiplash can be debilitating.
- Rollover Accidents: A rollover accident usually involves vehicles with higher centers of gravity such as minivans or SUVs, and may happen at a high rate of speed due to reckless driving.
- Road Defects: Potholes, uneven pavement, and other defects can easily damage your vehicle or cause you to lose control while driving. If a government entity is to blame for failure to maintain the roadway, you could seek compensatio n for your accident.
- Driver Fatigue: A tired driver can easily fall asleep at the wheel, thus losing awareness of their surroundings and potentially causing a crash.
- Speeding: Exceeding the posted speed limit often reduces the time you have to react to directional changes, stop for traffic lights, and avoid traffic jams. A speeding driver is, by definition, a negligent driver, and if you were hurt in a crash with a driver who was exceeding the limit, you could have a valid injury claim.
- Hit and Run Accidents: After an accident involving injuries, motorists are required to stop and remain at the scene. If an at-fault motorist flees from the scene of a crash, our attorneys will work with law enforcement to find them and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. We will also assist you with uninsured/underinsured motorist claims if necessary to get you the money you need to pay for treatment and other expenses.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
After being in a car accident, you will have a lot that you need to handle and process. Immediately following the accident, you should call 9-1-1 if you can so that police officers can write their report, and firefighters and paramedics can assist those who are injured. Even if you initially think you were not injured, you should still seek medical treatment as some injuries like internal bleeding will not be immediately apparent. Track down any potential witnesses so they can corroborate your account of what happened to cause the car accident.
If you or any of your loved ones were injured in the wreck, consider contacting a personal injury lawyer, as they can immediately begin communicating with your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
After an accident, you need to keep your focus on getting yourself better, which can be difficult when you are faced with the prospect of trying to work with insurance companies, paying off mounting credit card bills, or trying to get a new car after yours was damaged in the wreck.
Instead of taking all of this on yourself, consider hiring a car accident lawyer. They will be able to put together all the documentation needed for your claim, which may include:
- The official police report
- Witness statements
- Traffic camera footage
- Security camera footage
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- Information from insurance adjusters
- Documentation of lost wages
Your lawyer will also handle everything with your insurance and help take some of these worries off of your plate, leaving you to only worry about recuperating from your injuries or even potentially recovering from losing a loved one in the accident. Also, keep in mind that the Georgia statute of limitations on a personal injury claim is two years–your attorney will make sure everything is filed and in place on time.
To be eligible to file a claim in Georgia, then you will need to prove that you had less than 50 percent of the blame for the accident, as Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence doctrine. If you are found to have any fault, then your total damages would be reduced by that percentage. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 but have 10 percent of the blame, then your total award would be $90,000.
Call Chris Hudson Law Group To Speak With a Savannah Car Accident Lawyer
At Chris Hudson Law Group, our Savannah personal injury attorneys have successfully fought for the rights of auto accident victims just like you. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, contact us right away at 706-863-6600 or reach out to us online to speak with an experienced injury attorney right away. Our consultations are 100% free, and you won’t owe us a single penny until we win your case.