What to Do After a Car Accident
If you were involved in a car wreck in northeastern Georgia or southeastern South Carolina, follow these simple steps to protect your rights.
- Carefully listen and follow the instructions of the emergency responders attending the scene of the accident.
- Do not discuss the circumstances of the accident with anyone other than a law enforcement official attending the scene of the accident. Give a full and honest report to the police officer, when requested.
- Just report the facts as you perceived them. Any expression of apology may be misunderstood as an admission of fault.
- Accept all medical assistance offered and provided at the scene of the accident or hospital, including ambulance transportation.
- Make sure you get a copy of the police report and all medical records related to the accident.
- Do not discuss a settlement with the other driver or any passengers who may have been in any of the vehicles involved.
- Do not discuss the circumstances of the accident with an insurance adjuster until you have discussed your rights with your lawyer.
- Follow your attorneys’ legal advice precisely.
- Continue to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescription medications precisely throughout your case.