The workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers of Chris Hudson Law Group have been practicing personal injury law in Georgia for nearly 20 years. We know about the needs of our clients in Evans and the surrounding areas. If you need a personal injury attorney who knows how to get results, call us at (706) 863-6600 today to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you are suffering an injury or illness caused by another person’s carelessness or negligence, you may be feeling confused, frustrated, or angry. The medical bills and household expenses don’t go away just because someone else caused your injury, and your injury may be preventing you from working and earning your usual salary.
We want to help you get the compensation you deserve. Whether you were injured in a car accident, a workplace accident, or were given medication that has caused a lasting illness, our personal injury attorneys want to get you the compensation you need for your injury and recovery.
We understand this is a difficult time for you, and our goal is to make things easier for you and your family. Our team will take on the hard work, from investigating your claim and gathering the paperwork to talking to witnesses and experts, speaking with insurance adjusters, and negotiating with their attorneys.
Evans, GA, Practice Areas
All injuries are personal injuries, but when you need to file a lawsuit and take someone to court to get compensation for an injury they caused you, you should have the services of an experienced personal injury attorney.
We handle the following types of personal injury cases:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injuries
- Dog Bite
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Truck Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
Mass torts are like class-action lawsuits in that they involve multiple plaintiffs, or injured parties, filing similar claims against a single defendant. The difference between the two types of cases is how the court handles the case and the outcome for the plaintiffs.
In a class-action lawsuit, a “named plaintiff” who is representative of the entire group, or “class” of plaintiffs, brings the case on behalf of the rest of the plaintiffs, even those who may not be involved in the filing. The ruling in the case affects everyone who has agreed to accept the class designation, and the award is divided among the total number of plaintiffs in the class.
Mass torts function in much the same way, except each plaintiff is allowed to bring their own case against the defendant. The court will review each mass tort plaintiff’s case individually and make a ruling and award based on the facts in their case.
In a mass tort case, the defendant corporation may set aside a sum of money for future settlements, and then claimants can file cases against the company. If the claims are proved, their award is drawn from that set-aside sum.
The following is a list of mass tort cases we submit claims in:
- Truvada. Multiple lawsuits are pending against Gilead Sciences, Inc. due to the side effects of this HIV treatment drug.
- Hernia Mesh. Multiple manufacturers of abdominal mesh implants have been sued, and some products have been recalled for implant failure, infection, adhesion, and other side effects.
- Roundup. Monsanto has faced multiple lawsuits and judgments after the herbicide “Roundup” was linked to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, an aggressive cancer.
- Paraquat. This popular weed killer was only recently linked to Parkinson’s Disease, but evidence shows the manufacturer was aware of the potential risk and concealed the knowledge.
- IVC Filters. Improper use and faulty manufacturing by multiple companies of these devices intended to trap blood clots in the lower extremities have led to thousands of legal actions.
- Talcum Powder. Legal action against Johnson & Johnson made the risk associated with talcum powder well-known, but all talcum powder has been implicated in ovarian cancer and lung cancer.
- Elmiron. A painkiller used for the bladder disease “interstitial cystitis,” Elmiron has been linked to a type of eye disorder called pigmentary maculopathy.
About Chris Hudson Law Group
Founding attorney Christopher Hudson has lived and worked in Georgia his entire life and has nearly 20 years of experience in civil litigation, workers’ compensation defense, and personal injury law. After graduating from Walter F. George School of Law in Macon, GA, Mr. Hudson spent a year with a mid-sized firm in Augusta before opening his own thriving practice.
Mr. Hudson is a former insurance dispute defense lawyer and spent years working for the other side. His experience allowed him to learn the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to discredit injury victims and avoid paying the full value of claims.
Now, he provides legal representation to the real accident victims: the people suffering from serious and catastrophic injuries. He uses his experience to present his clients’ cases to the insurance companies in a way that gets a favorable result.
Mr. Hudson has assembled a team of attorneys with the knowledge and experience to handle every type of case our clients bring to us. We will zealously advocate for your rights and use our skills to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
At Chris Hudson Law Group, we want the people of Evans, Georgia, and everywhere in the Augusta area to receive fair compensation for injuries they sustained at the hands of a negligent party. Our experienced personal injury lawyers serve the residents of Evans and work hard to defend their rights. We have the results to prove our dedication to them.