Savannah Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Taking a quiet stroll around your neighborhood or walking to your favorite lunch spot near the office is a simple pleasure. It’s convenient to take a quick trip to the local store on foot. You probably walk every day without a second thought.
Unfortunately, many Savannah residents discover in the blink of an eye that their life can be forever changed by an irresponsible driver. A reckless, thoughtless, or negligent motorist can leave you with devastating injuries and mountains of medical bills you shouldn’t have to pay yourself.
Pedestrian accidents aren’t as unlikely as many people imagine. Numbers from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that in 2017, a pedestrian was involved in a fatal traffic crash on average every 88 minutes. Other pedestrians are left with injuries that may take months and even years to recover from. If someone else caused your injuries, they and their insurance company should pay for the damage they caused. Are you willing to trust that a reckless motorists’ insurance company is going to take care of you in your time of need when you are at your most vulnerable?
Before you sign on the dotted line of an insurer’s settlement offer, talk to an experienced attorney with Chris Hudson Law Group about the circumstances of your accident. The driver’s insurance company wants to finish the claim with a quick and easy payout, but it may not be enough to cover all of your expenses.
Chances are they’re looking out for their own bank accounts, not yours. If you want to get the compensation you deserve following a serious pedestrian accident, you need to talk to a legal team that is focused on protecting your rights and aggressively pursuing the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Don’t be bullied into accepting an offer from an insurance company without getting all the facts in order. Contact the Savannah pedestrian accident lawyers at Chris Hudson Law Group by calling 706-863-6600 for a free consultation.
Causes of Auto and Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians have just as much right to enjoy walking through their communities as drivers have to drive through on the street. Traffic laws are designed to account for the safety of both pedestrians and motorists.
While there are many different causes associated with pedestrian accidents, there’s almost always one consistent factor: irresponsible drivers. When motorists are reckless or negligent in their driving, it’s the pedestrian that suffer the most damaging consequences.
These are just some of the examples of the types of pedestrian accidents cases that Chris Hudson Law Group can handle:
- Distracted driving. When a driver takes their eyes off the road to check a message, send a text, or even eat a quick bite, it can be easy to miss seeing a pedestrian. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of a wide range of auto accidents.
- School zone accidents. It’s a sad reality that regulations have tried to prevent, but statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration document that nearly 19 percent of motorist versus pedestrian fatalities involve children 14 years old and younger. School zones can be particularly dangerous for both children and adults when drivers fail to yield or pay attention to their surroundings.
- Construction zone accidents. Pedestrians aren’t always out for a leisurely stroll. Road and construction workers are at high risk of being struck by cars in pedestrian accidents. Numbers from the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse found that in 2017, there were 129 fatal crashes involving pedestrians in work zones and 132 other worker fatalities.
- Left-hand turns. Drivers making a left-hand turn are more prone to cause a pedestrian accident. The evidence suggests that motorists making left-hand turns don’t pay as much attention to their surroundings and feel more secure than drivers waiting to make a right-hand turn. This means they’re more likely to miss spotting a pedestrian crossing the road.
- Intoxicated or drunk driving. Driving drunk not only impairs a driver’s ability to reason, but it also slows the body’s reflexes, depth perception, and can impact the ability to see. The combination of these factors means a drunk driver is less likely to spot a pedestrian, much less be able to react quickly enough to stop a collision.
- Speeding. Speeding is a reckless action that can lead to serious consequences. It’s also against the law. A speeding driver has less time to react and stop their car in the event there’s a pedestrian crossing an intersection or walking along the side of the road.
- Lack of visibility. Pedestrians may be more difficult to spot, especially at night.
Any type of reckless or even negligent action on the part of a motorist may be grounds to seek compensation following an accident. If you’ve been seriously injured in a Savannah pedestrian accident, the attorneys with Chris Hudson Law Group can review the circumstances of your accident and make you aware of all your legal options.
Types of Injuries Associated with Pedestrian Accidents
3,000-pounds or more of steel, fiberglass, and rubber usually doesn’t leave an unprotected pedestrian unscathed. Pedestrian accidents can result in life-threatening, even fatal, injuries.
Some of the more common injuries associated with pedestrian accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head, neck, and spine injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal bleeding
- Fractured bones
- Cuts and bruises
- Road rash
- Wrongful death
Recovering from these types of traumatic injures may take months and even years, filled with expensive doctor’s visits, physical therapy, follow-up surgeries, and other unforeseen costs. They can have a lasting impact on a victim’s life, such as their ability to earn a living and enjoy the activities they once loved.
The insurance company may cut you a quick check to cover some of your costs, but what about all of the bills you’ll face in the future as you continue the recovery process? Having an attorney fight to get you the compensation that you deserve means that you can feel more confident in your ability to pay both your current and future medical costs.
How Long Do I Have to Pursue a Claim?
Getting an attorney on your side as soon as possible benefits you in multiple different ways. An attorney like ours at Chris Hudson Law Group will be able to immediately begin gathering evidence to strengthen your case before it’s lost or destroyed.
There’s reason to start quickly. Georgia Code 9-3-33 states that an injured person only has two years from the date of the accident to initiate a lawsuit. The second an accident happens, the legal clock begins to tick.
At Chris Hudson Law Group, we understand that your first thought isn’t going to be about us. You’re hurt and have plenty of immediate problems that you need to deal with. Once the dust settles, you should make sure you have someone you can count on to look out for you and your best interests. Don’t wait until the evidence is gone, or it may be too late to pursue a legal claim. Contact Chris Hudson Law Group and let us help you get the compensation you need.
Why Choose Chris Hudson Law Group to Handle a Pedestrian Accident Case
The lawyers at Chris Hudson Law Group are respected by the legal community in Savannah. We pride ourselves on offering our clients compassionate service while aggressively protecting their legal rights. Make no mistake, no matter what the motorist or their insurance company tells you, you have the right to fair compensation when someone else injures you.
Following a serious accident, insurance companies have a number of different tactics at their disposal to try and get you to settle for less than what you really deserve. They may try to act sympathetic to make it seem like they want to help you out. They may even bully or intimidate you into accepting a low offer. Don’t give in to their intimidation.
Having an attorney from Chris Hudson Law Group on your side means that you don’t have to face them alone. We have the knowledge and experience to go head to head with insurance companies and their legal departments in order to demand the compensation our clients deserve.
Contact the Law Firm of Chris Hudson Law Group Today
If you’ve been involved in a serious pedestrian accident, you may not know where to turn for help. Your mounting medical bills can make you feel like you’re drowning in a sea of debt with no way out. Don’t feel alone.
The legal team at Chris Hudson Law Group can fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages or salary, and even pain and suffering.
Contact Chris Hudson Law Group at 706-863-6600 today to schedule a free consultation to go over the facts of your Savannah pedestrian accident. Rest assured, we’ll handle your case on a contingency basis. That means that you don’t owe us anything until you get a settlement or judgment. There’s nothing to lose and nothing less than financial security to gain. Call us today.